Speaking module is somewhere one of the modules of IELTS where many of the students lack confidence. It requires much practice to crack this exam and to have an impact on the listener. As it is known that, the speaking exam is basically a one-to-one interview for 11 to 14 minutes. The aforesaid exam is conducted in three rounds where the second round is all about topic speaking.
In topic speaking a cue card will be given, having some cues or hints in it about what a student is expected to speak. It can be any topic at the time of the exam. A student is required to speak for at least two minutes on that topic where a time of one minute will be given for preparation too.
It can’t be told which cue card can be asked in the examination but, yet, a practice can be done for some kind of questions. These questions can be about any person, any past situation of speaker, about any town or city, about any personal experience, etc.
Here is the list of some latest cue cards which are expected in exam
1. Describe a time when you were pleased with your purchase.
2. Describe a part of a city or town you enjoy spending time in.
3. Describe a good law in your country.
4. Describe a time when you first talked in foreign language.
5. Describe a new public place or building you would like to visit.
6. Describe someone or something that made a lot of noise.
7. Describe any situation which was negative but ended up positive.
8. Describe any gift which you received and was important to you.
9. Describe any place where you lost because you didn't know that about.
10. Describe an describe an interesting journey you want to be on.
11. Describe any newspaper or magazine you want to read.
12. Describe an important text message you received.
13. Describe any practical skill you learned recently.
14. Describe any website that you visit often.
15. Describe any important decision which you made yourself own.
16. Describe any piece of furniture you own.
17. Describe a famous food of your hometown or your country.
18. Talk about any family member you go well with.
19. Talk about people you know and believe to be very good parents.
20. Describe any traffic rule or law you know about.
21. Talk about any area of science you are interested in.
22. Describe about any electrical appliance you want to own.
23. Talk about the person you want to be like when you were a child.
24. Describe a time when you visited any farm or any village.
25. Speak about anytime when you had some medicine.
26. Talk about your favourite author or writer.
27. Talk about any book you want to read but you haven’t read.
28. Describe about best party you have been to.
29. Describe about small business you want to start.
30. Talk about any exciting experience you have ever had.
31. Talk about any painting you would like to have in your house.
1. Talk about any aquatic animal.
2. Describe a time when you had to use your imagination.
3. Talk about any short journey that you often take but you do not like.
4. Speak about any interesting conversation you had with someone.
5. Talk about any place you like to visit but do not want to stay there.
6. Describe a special hotel you stayed in.
7. Describe a time when you were in trouble.
8. Describe a time when someone helped you.
9. Describe a time when you helped someone.
10. Talk about a toy that you liked in your childhood.
11. Talk about any of your friend who is extrovert.
12. Talk about any of your friend who is introvert.
13. Talk about your dream or ambition you have.
14. Talk about any intelligent person you know.
15. Talk about any long car journey you have ever had.
16. Talk about your favourite dress.
17. Describe about a mistake you made.
18. Describe an exciting book you read.
19. Talk about any experience when a child made you laugh.
20. Talk about the time when you took help of Internet to solve a problem.
21. Describe the situation when you encountered with any wild animal.
22. Talk about the pandemic you witnessed.
23. Talk about the situation when you had to stay indoor.
24. Describe about any polite person you know.
25. Describe an interesting ritual of your country.
26. Talk about any old person you know.
27. Describe an unforgettable train journey.
28. Describe about any bag you want to own.
29. Describe about any crowded place you have been to.
30. Describe about any moment when you gave some useful advice to someone.
31. Talk about any moment When you got some useful advice.
1. Describe something you made with your hand for your friend.
2. Talk about something you like to do in your leisure time.
3. Talk about the happiest situation in your life.
4. Talk about your family business.
5. Talk about any equipment that was broken and was repaired by you.
6. Talk about time when you received money as a gift.
7. Talk about any teenager you know.
8. Talk about any interesting lecture or talk you liked.
9. Talk about any person you heard about a lot and want to meet.
10. A comic actor who is famous in your country.
11. Any street market in your city where you did shopping.
12. Describe a time when you had to change your plan.
13. Describe about any thing important you lost in your past.
14. Talk about any dress you want to wear on some special occasion.
15. Talk about any place or city where you would like to work for a short time.
16. Talk about any place or city where you would like to work for a long time.
17. Food that you eat on special occasions.
18. Describe about one of your grandparent’s job.
19. Talk about any public facility that improves the local life quality.
20. Describe your idea of a perfect home.
21. Talk about any singer or music band you like to listen to.
22. Talk about a person you think has interesting ideas or opinions.
23. Talk about a place where you spend time with your friends usually.
24. Describe about any dinner you enjoyed.
25. Describe a change that would improve your local area.
26. Talk about the situation when you were not Allowed use your mobile phone.
27. Describe a time when the weather changed your plan.
28. Talk about any goal that you have achieved which you decided for.
29. Talk about any family member with whom you spend most of your time.
30. talk about any picture or photograph in your home.
31. Talk about an experience when you taught something to an old person.
32. Talk about the time when you visited your friend.
33. Talk about any celebration organised after achieving your goal.
34. Describe about the people with whom you felt boring.
35. Describe a time when you spend a lot of money on something.
36. Any important technological product you bought.
Basically there is no limit off any of the cue card which can be asked in examination but, still you can prepare for some kind of cue cards as suggested earlier. In my opinion, each and every cue card cannot be memorised. Also, do not ever do the mistake of speaking any memorised topic. Just focus on practising by speaking as much as cue cards you can.
Remember that it is not necessary that you have met each and every person for whom so ever you have been ask a question in an examination.
Talk about Any singer or music band you like.
So here it is not necessary that you have a good taste in music. The thing suggested here is that you can talk about the keywords like singing or music. For example, you can start your speech by saying that you do not know particularly about any famous singer or music band but one of your friends is a good singer all one of your friends is good at playing some instrument. Talk about that person.
Similarly it is not necessary that you have encountered with every situation which is asked in the exam. So again it is suggested that you should go with this story or the flow of the keywords only.
Talk about any wild animal you have encountered with.
So it is a weird situation and everyone Has not encountered with the same so the speech can be started by saying that
Well, the situation is very uncommon and unusual. I have never been encountered with the same situation in my life ever but yes, I heard one of my friends sharing this experience last week.
Now it is the time to cook up the story.
Whenever a student gets the cue card About any place, city, town, or country, it is suggested to talk about your hometown because the hometown is the place which would be known better to you.
If the cue card about any foreign place comes and you do not know what to talk about, it is better to prepare for talking about your dreams and aspirations related to that country or that foreign place.
Talk about any foreign place you would like to visit.
Here, in this topic You can talk about your traveling experience or your traveling dreams related to any country or any place would you have since many years.
Remember that the examiner is not there to check your Particular speaking but the way with which you speak or mould about that topic. Explanation and relevancy of ideas is necessary along with your lexical resources and your grammar. Go with confidence and practice for your fluency in speaking.